A PEEK INSIDE dARLA'S WORLD

Don't look around too much...This is only a peek. If I catch you snooping around, you will be eliminated!

Monday, April 04, 2005

Soccer Sundays

Weekend recap goes as follows...

Thursday: Finally dancing! I arrived alone because someone, I won't mention names, decided not to call me to let me know that she was leaving. So anywho, I went alone, and met up with everyone there. The Nickel showed up around 11. He had some beer and we left. It was good to go dancing again. It's only been like three weeks that I've been absent from it, but it seems like eternity.

Friday: I worked at Wiethop's till about 3:30. I hurried home and we left for the racetrack. What a joke. The weather decided not to cooperate at all. The race got cancelled and we were back at home and unloaded by 8:00. The Nickel took me to dinner at Friday's. Nothing too exciting.

Saturday: Worked at Wiethop's again. Alex and I got off around 3:30. I decided to take a snap on the couch. I fell asleep around 5:00. That's when I went to bed. I was so tired for some reason. So, Saturday was a wasted day. O well. Everyone needs a day like that sometimes.

Sunday: LOL Worked again. See a pattern here? After work I went to my friend Heather's house to take some shots of her and her mother for some business cards. It was great fun. She has two labs and it reaffirmed my belief that I need a big dog. Soccer was late, 11:15. It was a rough game. I got elbowed in the eye and I got laid out on the turf. I had those little black pellets in my mouth. Gross. But we kicked ass. We won 8-0.

Beautiful weather all weekend long. Plus we had daylight savings time, so now it's really like summer's almost here. I can't wait.

I knew it was going to be a good day today when I pulled into school and got a front row spot and didn't even have to wait for someone else to pull out first. We went to the park and painted in painting class, my photography teacher wasn't there, and I pulled my very first pot in ceramics today. I was so excited. We've been working on the wheel for three weeks now and just pulling cylinders up and then cutting them in half to try and learn about how the clay and the wheel works. Well I made a beautiful vase and got to keep it! Merry Christmas to everyone, ya'll are getting pots, and if you think I'm kidding, I'm not, so make some room.

I just feel as if I'm trying so hard at something, that is going nowhere. And not just that it's going nowhere, but I don't even know if it has anywhere to go. It's very frusterating and confusing. I agree with the saying that "actions speak louder than words," but words do have some meaning also. I feel like it's holding on for no reason, like it's just something to fill the gap between now and later. I suppose only time will tell, but how do you know when that time is up and when you are just dragging things along?

Sorry about that, just had to get some thoughts out. I apoligize if this causes any unrest. I'm sure I'll hear about it.

Take Care,
You know you love me,
*;)

I love you guys. All of you.

2 Comments:

  • At April 06, 2005 4:11 PM, Blogger STEVE said…

    This was a very interesting post this week. I dont know if I fully agree with the above comment that jason has stated. He says if this thing is offering you neither fun nor happyness, your wasting your time.I know I have done a lot of things in my life that was fun and I loved doing.But in the long run,I found out it was just a waste of my time. You have to ask yourself now,(is this what I want) Look for the future in the things you want. Is it going to be there? If you want it now and will it be there later? If any answer is no, you have to then ask that question. Is this just a gag filler? Im thinking you already know the answer.....Good luck .....Steve

     
  • At April 06, 2005 8:52 PM, Blogger lildojh said…

    I always appreciate the comments...

    To Jason:
    Honestly: Yes, it makes me happy and yes, I am having fun.

    To Uncle Steve:
    Honestly: I always try to look for the future in what I want, but the question remains will it still be there in the future. Of course I want it now, but I don't know if it will be there later. So really I cannot answer any of the quesions with "no", but I am still under quesion whether this is a gag filler or not...

    I'll figure it out soon enough. I'm just impatient and bad at waiting. It'll be alright, I'm sure of it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home