A PEEK INSIDE dARLA'S WORLD

Don't look around too much...This is only a peek. If I catch you snooping around, you will be eliminated!

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Black eye and bruises

So I'm currently enrolled in a class on the Study of Non-Verbal Behavior. For our final project we had to study peoples non-verbal behavior. Some people dressed real nice and went to Frontenac and went shopping and then went home and changed clothes into something real dirty or goth like with the black lip stick and chains and stuff and went back and noted how they got treated differently because of their appearance. So I decided to give myself a big black eye and bruise on my head and go to work all weekend at the greenhouse. It was funny. Most of the people that I helped wouldn't even hold eye contact with me. They would just give me their money and then look down, or I could feel them staring at me while I was getting their change but when I looked up they would look down real fast. I only had a handful of people ask me what happened and they wouldn't even ask me over the counter. They waited until I finished their transaction and then came to the side of the register and asked me quietly, I assume not to embarass me. I told anyone that asked that I got in a silly fight over groceries with the boy that I was seeing. They either asked if I hit him back or just gasped and told me to take care. It was quite comical.

The funniest part was when this older lady, like 75 approached the counter. I made eye contact with her and smiled and without missing a beat she proclaims loudly "Well, I guess that will teach you to keep your mouth shut!" and she paid for her flowers and walked out. I couldn't hardly believe it.

Nicolas didn't care for it at all. He refused to take me to dinner or anywhere else until I washed it off. He was quite testy about it.

Take Care,
You know you love me,
*;)

3 Comments:

  • At April 14, 2005 4:05 PM, Blogger STEVE said…

    That is sooooo funny, I wouldnt have the ball's to do that. I would not of been able to keep a straight face. It just goes to show you what a woman can get away with if she tries. I dont blame nic one bit for not going out with you and being seen. Everyone who of thought that he (nic) done that to your face. Right? ha ha ha!! Damn, it looked real. Your good! I would hate to cross you, all you would have to do is fix up your face and tell everyone I beat you.hahahha. Good one darla...............steve

     
  • At April 15, 2005 5:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dang Girl,
    I thought I raised my son better than that... LOL
    Love ya,
    Farleymom

     
  • At April 21, 2005 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good looking bruise. People at work already think I'm odd. They now realize it's the whole family. Nice to be one of the crowd.

    How many more pots do you have to make. I would like to see you work on one. Later. AP

     

Post a Comment

<< Home