A PEEK INSIDE dARLA'S WORLD

Don't look around too much...This is only a peek. If I catch you snooping around, you will be eliminated!

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Wish me luck!

We leave tomorrow morning for Freedom, Indiana. They are having an all vw 1/8 mile race. It should prove to be an exciting adventure. I can't wait to race an actual vw. We're bringing dad's car too because they're also having a car show. Wish me luck, I'll let you know how it goes.

On a side note, dad's heart doctor called today to let him know that his defibulator (?) has been recalled. So him and I went up to the office so that they could run some tests on him and make sure his was working properly. And it was. He was going to have to get it replaced in October anyways because the battery is almost low and apparently you have to get them replaced every 5-7 years anyways. So, 2 out of like 300,000 people who have this device have had it malfunction and they've died. The doctor said that he would probably be fine, but no guarantees, and then asked dad if he was a risk taker. We both just looked at each other and smiled. Mom on the other hand did not think it was funny. So, looks like he'll be going in sometime in the next couple weeks to get that taken care of. The bad part is that he has to be in the hospital for 5 days, two days before hand to thicken up his blood and two days for the procedure and one day to thin him back out before he can come home. So, everyone say your prayers and things will be fine. I'll let you know before he goes in.

A lot of chaos lately, I won't pain everyone with the story, but let me know if you're interested and I'll be happy to explain.

Like I said, wish me luck on the races and pray that we make it there and back safely.

Until then,
You know you love me,
*;)

cute pic of Taylor that I took

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home