A PEEK INSIDE dARLA'S WORLD

Don't look around too much...This is only a peek. If I catch you snooping around, you will be eliminated!

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

School part 1.

Oh school, how I've missed thee. LOL. So as the first week of school wraps up, I have plenty of things to think about and do. My classes shouldn't be too bad, just labor intensive. Here's my classes, because I know you were dying to know!

*Drawing III
*Book Arts
*Critical Thinking
*Ceramics II
*Photography V

The only class that I think is going to be a problem is the Drawing III class. I tell ya, I don't know how they let me pass drawing II, I can barely draw a stick man!! I can draw you some pretty cool abstract shit, but nothing hardly that resembles an actual object. The professor for that class is really scatter-brained and he's hard to handle. Plus, to make matters even more complicated Liz and I have that class together, so you know nothing gets done. We just laugh and carry on the whole time.
Ceramics should be pretty cool, we're going to learn how to make some plates and bowls and lids and such, I'm also going to continue on with my volkswagen theme that I started last semester.
I need some ideas on what to make a book about in Book Arts. We need to have our text by Monday. Now mind you, I'm not writing a book, I'm simply designing a book. So it can be someone else's text. Like my one friend is using some lyrics from a song for her whole book. It doesn't matter. You can have one line across the bottom of each page and that can be the text for your book. I just want to have something interesting. I have to design the colors and fonts and ideas and the binding and so on.

Nothing too exciting I know, but just an update of what was going on. Let me know what you think.

Take Care,
You know you love me,
*;)

3 Comments:

  • At August 24, 2005 9:22 PM, Blogger STEVE said…

    Hi darla. I dont know what you are really looking for, but I have an idea... Can you make this book about humming birds. I Know where you can take some really cool photos of the birds in flight, feeding, ect.. My friend has two feeders and there are like 20 birds that come every evening and feed. You can really take some great photos. He has took some with his camera and they are really good. If you took pictures with your camera, im sure you would get great pictures. I cant believe how they turn out. Its very interesting. Just an idea. I was just thinking of a cover for the book. A humming bird in flight. They have great colors on the birds. Just a thought darla. Dont know if that is something your looking for or not....... take care...Steve

     
  • At August 24, 2005 10:24 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I think you're cute.

     
  • At August 25, 2005 3:39 PM, Blogger STEVE said…

    WELL., THANK YOU NIC....HA HA HA!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home