A PEEK INSIDE dARLA'S WORLD

Don't look around too much...This is only a peek. If I catch you snooping around, you will be eliminated!

Sunday, May 01, 2005

End of semester....

Here it comes again...the end of the semester...THANK GOD! Painting what I'm really looking forward to ending. I just can't stand that class. I mean I've never had painting before and the instructor is of NO help. He just saunters out with his coffee cup and says it'll be a workday and we never see him again. It just frusterating. I couldn't love ceramics anymore if I tried. I love the instructor, I love my classmates, I just love the environment. Wednesday night there were five of us there until 2 am. I have to send out a congradulations to my buddy Michael, I just found out he's going to be getting married this summer. Damn you! That's the great thing about being an art student. The art building is open 24 hours a day. If we get inspiration at 3 am we can come in and act on it. I don't even think the doors lock in that place.

My final project for my photography class has to do with reflection. I decided to capture the reflection of my bug in the hubcaps of 18 wheelers as they cruise down the highway. Needless to say, that was an adventure. I have to thank Alex for all his help and Aunt Patty for the use of the camera. Alex and I went a little past Sullivan, MO down 44 and back. It a pretty far way for those who don't know. Let's just say we had to get more fuel in order to get back home. I got 71 shots though, so I think thats pretty good. Hopefully this project will turn out nice.

Nothing else too new. I got a new body wave put in my hair last week, so now it's real curly. Soccer tonight was alright. We were missing half our team, so we didn't really play up to par. We did try out a new goalie though. Bob was pretty good for being new. Work at Wiethops is going good, but I only have like 3 or so weeks left. I then have to decide what else I want to do. I thought about calling Dave from Saratoga (where I got my senior pics taken) and see if he needed any help, he offered me a job a couple of years ago. I also thought about getting my portfolio together and trying to get some freelance work. We'll see. I also need to get ready for camping. Tricia pack your stuff and lets get the hell outta here!!!!! Let's run away (we can bring Taylor too).

That's all for now.

Take Care,
You know you love me,
*;)

P.S. The cards are outta the box...Damn it!! I can't even find them all to put them back in! I was so close, they were all in and the flap was even shut! I hate this!!!

4 Comments:

  • At May 01, 2005 10:01 PM, Blogger STEVE said…

    You know, I have found in my life that the hardest things to do, are the one's that are the most worth wild in the end.........It will always pay off in the long run. Always remember that part darla. Never give up on anything in your life, because if you do? You will never really what could of been. That is with School or with anything in your life.. From your UNCLE STEVE!! WINK**

     
  • At May 01, 2005 10:03 PM, Blogger STEVE said…

    OH!! BY THE WAY. I LOVE THE PIC YOU DID....LOOOOOOK'S!! REAL GOOD. DIDNT KNOW YOU HAD IT IN YOU.........A+

     
  • At May 01, 2005 10:28 PM, Blogger lildojh said…

    Well I am a photo major Uncle Steve. I'm glad you liked them though.

     
  • At May 02, 2005 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    darla you take such amazing pictures good job... mike

     

Post a Comment

<< Home